With the crisp fall days here it’s the perfect time for cooking and baking your favorite recipes. If you happen to be baking a dessert, you’re sure to get that comfy, cozy vanilla aroma throughout your home. But, I promise you though, if you cook up this hearty 3-lb beef chili recipe your home will be filled with pleasant (tasty!) aromas.
Cooking and baking, for me, is like taking a yoga class. It’s so relaxing and it puts me in a good mental zone where I can just create something good and tasty. Yes, whether you realized it or not, cooking and baking is creating! Although I was never motivated by food, I do have many good memories with family and friends gathered around our table.
It has been, I guess you could say, an annual tradition in my home to always cook up a good pot of chili the first Sunday of the football season. Some years back, I came across our local Wegmans 3-lb Beef Chili recipe and I’ve been making it ever since (with my tweaks along the way).
Each year I’ll try something different with the recipe; once I added hot sauce, another time cayenne pepper, paprika…the list goes on. I just like to put my own spin on it. No matter what you add, you cannot go wrong. Hands down this recipe is the best beef chili I’ve ever made and it will always be on my fall cooking list!
I challenge you to cook this beef chili and comment below with your thoughts on it.
3lb Beef Chili Ingredients
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 2-8 ounce cups cut chopped onions
- 1-8 ounce cup diced green peppers
- 3 cloves peeled garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 7 tbsp (~2 oz.) chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can dark red kidney beads drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can white cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 (12 oz.) bottles chili sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle beer or 1-1/2 cups beef culinary stock
3lb Beef Chili Instructions
- HEAT vegetable oil on medium-high. Add ground beef; cook 8-10 minutes until browned. Season to taste with salt.
- ADD chopped onions, green peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring, 3-5 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce; cook 3 minutes.
- REDUCE heat to medium; stir in chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add kidney beans, cannellini beans, chili sauce and beer (or stock). Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese and serve with warm bread. YUMMY!!
Doesn’t it look scrumptious?! Serve it up with some fresh warm bread and butter….Mmmm! And in case you’re wondering -it freezes great. So, if you are pressed for time during the week but want to serve a hearty, warm meal, just grab some out of the freezer.
If you are inspired to create this Hearty 3lb Beef Chili recipe don’t forget to share by tagging me on Instagram and using #btdinspired, I’d love to see what you cooked up (and I just might repost your photo)!
I would love it if you subscribe to the newsletter at the top of the page in order to receive my emails of all my latest blog posts and get the first scoop about any digital printables and freebies.